Friday, May 1, 2026

JIMMY CHOO ILLICIT : it smell like apricot jam!

JIMMY CHOO ILLICIT : it smell like apricot jam!



Hi, friends! I love writing about perfumes that aren’t at the height of popularity, that aren’t everyone’s favorite, but they’re very worthy — sometimes simply underappreciated — and they sound more expensive than they actually are. And today’s star of my post is a fragrance from the Jimmy Choo brand called Illicit.

ILLICIT Jimmy Choo edp was launched in 2015, nose behind is Anne Flipo. Main accords are : honey, sweet, citrus and white flowers.

By the way, this perfumer has created a huge number of perfume masterpieces for famous luxury brands; my favorites among her creations are Irresistible Givenchy and Libre Yves Saint Laurent.




Initially, I was drawn to this perfume by notes such as ginger, bitter orange, and orange blossom. I really love all of this, and I bought Illicit at my own risk, blindly. It’s hard to say which combination of notes had such an effect, but to me, Illicit smells like fragrant apricot jam. It’s not very sweet, even a bit tangy, and seems slightly peppery. I think this is due to the ginger — it’s precisely this mild piquancy that I love about this note. The illusion of the presence of apricots is probably created by the combination of notes of honey and orange blossom. It’s a very positive fragrance — moderately sweet, languid and rounded; it lifts my mood. It’s easy and pleasant to wear, versatile, and it’s hard to imagine who might find it unpleasant (well, I guess there’s a theoretical possibility of that with any perfume, but here it’s minimal). I wear the fragrance in any season. By the way, Illicit reminded me a bit of the Armani Code perfume by Giorgio Armani, which I had many years ago; there are some similar features, but the aromas are still different.



The perfume has a very strong trail! It’s hard to go unnoticed with it, and I’ve received compliments more than once. It’s not picky about weather conditions and doesn’t bring any unpleasant surprises. Its longevity is rather moderate; I can feel it on my skin for about four hours, sometimes a little longer.

I strongly recommend you to try this perfume, it smells really awesome! You surelly will get a lot of compliments ♥︎



Thank you for your attention!


No comments:

Post a Comment